McKinnon-Hawkins Gold Project
2016 Exploration Objectives
- Includes the McKinnon Property, staked by Don McKinnon Sr. of Hemlo fame, with an NI43-101 inferred resource of 239,100 ounces of gold - current, recent 43-101 compliant based on a open pit application, estimated Inferred Resources of 4,957,000 tonnes at a grade of 1.50 g/t Au for a total of 239,100 ounces of gold
- Current team includes Don Mckinnon Jr. who worked on the property for his father as a young prospector plus Robert Weicker, a past chief geologist at Hemlo amongst others
- Excellent potential to grow the resource, large 364 claim unit property (5,824 ha)
- Geologic model, “Hemlo-type” deposit. Hemlo camp (+ 20 million ounces, three mines) located 150 kms WSW
- Properties strategically cover over 30 kilometers of the “Puskuta Fault Zone” (“PFZ”), a regional gold mineralized fault joining the Hemlo and Timmins Gold Camps. The PFZ represents a strong, linear regional deformation zone with multiple gold occurrences
- Most of the drilling historic, following the Hemlo discoveries and developments
- Good infrastructure and logistics. Logging road access from Hornepayne. Ore could be loaded on nearby railway and railed to Hemlo for milling
- Fully permitted drill targets
Location & Geology
The McKinnon-Hawkins Gold Project is located in the Hawkins and Walls Townships, Sault Ste. Marie & Porcupine Mining Divisions, Ontario and covers three claim blocks comprising 5,824 hectares (58.24 sq km) featuring over 30 kilometers of favourable geology prospective to host gold mineralization.
P&E Mining Consultants Inc. (“P&E”) of Brampton, Ontario completed a Technical Report and Resource Estimate, dated May 31, 2016, and titled “Technical Report and Initial Resource Estimate on the McKinnon Gold Project, Hawkins and Walls Townships, Sault Ste. Marie and Porcupine Mining Divisions, Ontario”. This report was prepared by Eugene Puritch, P.Eng., President of P&E, an independent “Qualified Person”, for the purposes of NI 43-101. P&E has estimated that the Property has Inferred Resources of 4,957,000 tonnes at 1.50 g/t Au (239,100 ounces of contained gold) at a cut-off grade of 0.5 g/t Au. The NI 43-101 report can be viewed at www.paveyarkminerals.com.